Easter Sunday is most certainly NOT about us looking our best, but I still like to dress in a special Easter outfit. Since Easter is all about new beginnings & innocence after forgiveness, I tend to gravitate toward ultra feminine & demure pieces in pretty pastel prints.
I know some are not comfortable going to in-person church yet, but Frank & I will be going for the first time since the pandemic began last year. I will be wearing this Spell & the Gypsy Collective dress from their 2018 “Jasmine” collection; it is also the dress I wore to Frank’s baptism in 2018 which makes it extra special.
Here are my personal dos & don’ts for choosing an Easter dress for church:
- DO choose a midi or maxi length, DON’T choose anything too short. Fingertip-ish length is good.
- DO choose light & airy fabric, DON’T forgo a slip if the fabric is sheer.
- DO wear short sleeves or sleeveless, DON’T wear spaghetti straps, strapless or backless.
- DO cinch the waist of anything flowy, DON’T choose anything very form fitting.
- DO pair a pastel linen blazer or cardigan with a more bare dress, DON’T show too much skin.
Here are my picks for bohemian patterned dresses perfect for Easter Sunday:
And a few blazers & cardigans:
Let me know which is your favorite!
Other items featured in the post: